Hong Kong Education City Limited (EdCity) is a wholly-owned company of the Government of HKSAR. Our portal, EdCity.hk, is a one-stop professional educational portal in Hong Kong which incorporates information, resources, interactive communities and online services, and promotes the use of information technology (I.T.) in improving the effectiveness of teaching and learning. We are now looking for a high caliber professional to join our dynamic team in the following position.
- Review eBooks to ensure the books do not contain inappropriate content and are suitable for primary and secondary school students;
- Assist in programme preparation and / or operation;
- Communicate with schools / publishers / partners to promote EdCity’s programmes;
- Prepare programme related materials, including certificates and mass mailing;
- Assist in proofreading or content checking of the online learning resources, such as articles and videos; and
- Other ad hoc duties assigned by the supervisor.
- University student in any discipline, preferably in Chinese or English Language Studies, Translation, Linguistics and Social Science;
- Working Experience in the library, publisher or bookstore will be an advantage;
- Alert to sensitive content and be able to spot inappropriate content that is not suitable for students;
- Able to write down comments and summary of books for internal assessment;
- Good people and communication skills: Able to articulate the requirements and communicate to team members;
- Meticulous, efficient, detail-oriented and able to meet tight deadlines;
- Fast reader and self-disciplined;
- Good computer literacy;
- Good command of spoken and written Chinese and English.
Interested parties looking for a promising career, please send your application letter and resume stating your academic result in public examination(s), current and expected salary to email@example.com. Review of applications begins immediately until the position is filled.
Personal data provided will be used strictly for recruitment and other employment-related purposes. Details of the Personal Information Collection Statement – Recruitment of the Company can be found here.
Applicants please submit one application for each post only. Applicants not invited for interview after 12 weeks from the closing date may consider their applications unsuccessful. The Company reserves the right not to fill the post(s).