To carry on our cultural tradition and to provide students with a good model of 'honour the teacher and respect his teaching', the Education Bureau, the Committee on Home-School Co-operation, HKEdCity and Sing Tao Daily will join hand again in organizing the 27th Parents-Also-Appreciate-Teachers Drive, so that parents can express their heartfelt gratitude to their children’s teachers by sending them the 'Appreciation Cards for Teachers'. The Drive has gained massive support from schools and parents for years.
To provide an e-platform for parents to design in e-format the 'Appreciation Card for Teachers' for showing respect to teachers teaching their children.
- Parents with children studying in local kindergartens (including kindergarten-cum-child care centres), primary schools, secondary schools and special schools
- They are welcome to participate with their children
- Only one entry in each entry category
Submission of Entries
Participants should CLICK HERE to submit their entries from now on until 26 February 2021.
Kindergartens, Primary Schools and Secondary Schools
English or Chinese
Format and Card Size
- Accept image or video files
- Image: In JPEG / GIF format, file size not more than 5 MB, resolution not exceeding 1920 x 1080 pixels
- Video: In AVI / MP4 / MPEG / MPG / MOV / WMV format, file size not more than 100 MB, video length not exceeding 1 minute
- SWF file is not accepted
26 February 2021
Panel of Adjudicators
- Chairperson and members of the 27th PAAT Drive
- Representative(s) from HKEdCity
- Representative(s) from Sing Tao Daily
- Content (40%)
- Creativity (40%)
- Presentation Skills (20%)
Certificates and Souvenirs for the Champion, 1st Runner-up, 2nd Runner-up and Merit Prizes of each Entry Category.
Announcement of Results
The winning entries will be shared by other parents and students, who may email the e-cards to their teachers to show their respect.
- To raise the originality of the entries, the use of clipart available in software and on the internet is not encouraged.
- All submissions should be original, without infringement of copyrights, and have not been publicised before. Submissions found to have infringed other people’s copyrights, be they commercial or non-commercial, will be disqualified. The Organisers will not be held responsible for any infringement of copyrights committed by the participants.
- In view of the concerns over privacy and image rights, participants should avoid submitting entries with pictures / photographs of individuals.
- The Organisers own the full rights in edition, promotion, exhibition and publication of the submitted materials and need not to seek prior approval from the participants for so-doing nor pay them any copyright fees.
- All entries cannot display name of participant and the school involved. Submissions not complying with the competition regulations will be disqualified.
- Participants agree to provide personal data and authorise the Organisers to release such data for promotional purposes. All collected data, if it is no longer required, will be destroyed after the Competition.
- Awardees must collect the certificate and prize on or before 31 August 2021. Uncollected certificates and prizes will be deregistered thereafter. The Organisers are not obliged to reissue replacement certificates and prizes.
- Decisions of the panel of adjudicators shall be final and participants shall raise no objection.
- The Organisers reserve the final right to interpret and amend these regulations.
- General issues: Please contact the Secretariat of the CHSC (Tel: 3698 4376)
- Technical issues: Please contact the HKEdCity (Tel: 2624 1000 / email: firstname.lastname@example.org )