What is EdData?
EdData is a standardised data format and platform specification co-established by EdCity, the Education Bureau, industry partners and the education community. It facilitates primary and secondary schools to implement eLearning, ease the administrative works of data access and management, which provides you with the division of mandatory and optional data, the latest update time of data, a user interface, procedures to authorise data access, as well as the scope of usage of the students data.
Characteristics of EdData:
- Standardise data format and platform specification to simplify administration
- Manage account data for multiple eResources on single platform
- Authorise publishers / providers to use account data easily
- Ensure account data quality to facilitate safe and effective learning analysis
Benefits of Using EdData:
EdData plays a vital role in promoting eLearning and is beneficial to school administrators, teachers, students and eResource providers,
Safeguarding Data Transfer
Data Transfer Logs
Instant Notifications to Users
Centralising Data Management on Single Platform
Single Sign-on Management
Unified Login Experience
Managing Data Access and Making Changes
Data Transfer Logs
What is EdConnect?
EdConnect is launched riding on the comprehensive EdCity membership system, providing users with a single sign-on solution for WiFi authenticaton, as well as connecting to multiple eLearning resources and online platforms with a single account. EdConnect helps schools to remove the hassle of creating and managing a large number of accounts with different providers.
To be in line with the ‘Support Scheme for eLearning in Schools’, EdCity offers a WiFi authentication service, in which users can use EdCity account to connect to the internet without memorising multiple sets of login information.
Single Sign-on – User Directory Service
Teachers and students can log in with EdCity account to use the online resources connected with ‘EdConnect Single Sign-on Directory Services’, and schools can decide whether or not to authorise provider(s) to access student data, protecting data
Benefits of ‘EdConnect Single Sign-on Directory Service’
- Single sign-on solution: users need not to memorise multiple sets of login information
- EdCity updates school information every year, ensuring to provide the latest and most accurate information for providers
- Adopting the following open authorisation to facilitate integration by developers
- Web: OAUTH 2.0, SAML 2.0
- App: AppAuth, Webview (NOT support login with Google account)
- Reducing the administrative works, e.g. account activation data input and account management
- Activating user access to online platforms or eBooks instantly