Hong Kong Education City Limited (EdCity) is a wholly-owned company of the Government of HKSAR. Our portal, EdCity.hk, is a one-stop professional educational portal in Hong Kong which incorporates information, resources, interactive communities and online services, and promotes the use of information technology (I.T.) in improving the effectiveness of teaching and learning. We are now looking for a high caliber professional to join our dynamic team in the following position.
- Set up and maintain Linux and Windows systems both on-premises and cloud-based for high availability operations;
- Manage datacentre, cloud, server, network, storage, database and user administration;
- Work with software developers to streamline software deployment;
- Monitor system healthiness with tools and respond to alerts during 24/7 on-call duty;
- Troubleshoot system operation, performance, and security problems;
- Perform technologies evaluation to improve operation efficiency;
- Document operations procedures;
- Take up ad-hoc duties as required.
- Bachelor Degree in Information Technology or related discipline;
- At least 2 years of experience in system administration or system engineering preferably with Linux and open-source technologies ;
- Familiar with LAMP stack, networking, virtualization, and public cloud computing such as Azure and AWS;
- Experience with one or more of the following
- (i) NG Firewall and Application Delivery Controller
- (ii) Container and orchestration tools (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes)
- (iii) Infrastructure as Code and configuration management tools (e.g. Ansible, Terraform)
- Good problem-solving and communication skills;
- Good command of spoken and written English and Chinese.
- Candidate with less experience will be considered as Assistant System Administrator.
We provide attractive remuneration and fringe benefits to the right candidates:
- 5-day workweek
- Annual Leave
- Performance Incentive
- Medical, Dental Insurance(Including dependents)
- Annual Health Check-up Benefit
- Life Insurance
- Employer MPF Voluntary Contribution (No cap)
- Training Subsidies
Interested parties looking for a promising career, please send your application letter and resume stating your academic result in public examination(s), current and expected salary to email@example.com. Review of applications begins immediately until the position is filled.
Personal data provided will be used strictly for recruitment and other employment-related purposes. Details of the Personal Information Collection Statement – Recruitment of the Company can be found here.
Applicants please submit one application for each post only. Applicants not invited for interview after 12 weeks from the closing date may consider their applications unsuccessful. The Company reserves the right not to fill the post(s).